Will

Will

Halle

Halle

Hanna

Hanna
Powered by Blogger.

RANDOM WILL THOUGHTS

Will got in the tub with bubbles and stuck his face in the water and got some soap on his eyes and says are my eyes the same as they were?

Will-I am going to be John. Me-where did you get John from. Will-my imagination. Will-When we have a little brother his name will be Micheal and a sister named Wendy. Me- All people from Peter Pan. Will- I like Peter Pan.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRINCESS HALLE!!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hanna is here!


We had her!! Miss Hanna graced us with her presence on July 23rd at 8:53 p.m.! She was 6 pounds 8 ounces and 21 inches long. She is my smallest baby yet. I want to document the events, but they may be too much for some of you so stop here if so:) I had been having contractions (just little ones) since my Dr. appointment on Thursday but they weren't painful. We both felt like it was going to happen soon but then they subsided. This was not an ideal time for us to have her because Brooks was heading out of town on Sunday morning to go to Nevada to take the bar exam so we were hoping she would come right after he got back, but of course things don't always work out as you plan. In this case they worked out better we were able to have her so he wouldn't have to worry about me oing into labor while he was gone. I woke up on Friday and they started up again and started to get more and more painful. By about 2:30 they were 5 minutes apart and really painful so we headed to the hospital. When I got there I was dilated to a 5 and they checked me in. About an hour later I got my epidural YAY! and life was wonderful from that point on ha ha:) I had to have antibiotics because I was strep b positive so they wouldn't break my water until those were finished. So, at 8:00 they broke my water and I was dilated all the way. Unfortunately my body wasn't having consistent contractions so it was a little tricky getting her out. Brooks and I were starting to get really nervous. At one point Brooks was so stressed he said he was going to be sick and had to sit down. I was about to lose it as well. Everytime I would push she would start to come out, but because I wasn't contracting she would head right back in as soon as I stopped pushing. Finally they decided to use the vacuum on her and he pulled so hard it popped off her head. After SEVERAL pushes she arrived and I couldn't be happier. I forgot how much I love newborns. I am seriously enjoying everything about being the mom of a newborn even being up at night. I am so lucky to be up at 4 in the morning with the cutest thing ever:) My kids didn't know what to think at first. Will wouldn't come by me because he was scared since I was all hooked up to several different things. He quickly warmed up and is loving her too. Halle jumped right up and started kissing and poking her as soon as she saw her. It was really hard to see Brooks leave on Sunday when we checked out of the hospital and head to Vegas! So sad! Luckily my mom was nice enough to come pick us up and drive us to Logan to help me take care of 3 children while he is gone because as I am learning that is a tricky task! We miss him and can't wait for him to come home:) In the meantime I am loving all of my children very much and enjoying the opportunity to be a mom:)

16 comments:

Sarah said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Oh my gosh, that is so exciting! I didn't think you were due until August so I was so surprised when I saw this! Congrats! Good luck adjusting to life with 3 kids, it's definitely different but luckily they are all so precious you'll do great! When do you guys move to Vegas? Good luck with everything and keep us posted!

WendyandGabe said...

She is just darling. Thanks for sharing all the details of your labor. I really love the hear birth stories. It sounds like a really crazy time right now for you guys with Brooks having to leave right away and you getting ready to move. Good luck with everything! I can't wait to snuggle little miss Hanna.

Belnap's said...

What a crazy story with the vacuum!!!!!! I'm so glad everything went well. She is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! congrats. Wish I could see her!

Jana and Brett said...

OH! She is beautiful! I really want to see her, and hopefully I'll get to see you before you head on over to Vegas. :0) I'm so glad you are enjoying your 3rd! Sounds like the transition to 3 is awesome!
Love ya Laura! Tell your kiddies HI for us, and we miss you guys!

Shelly Traveller said...

Congrats you guys! So glad it went well. She is beautiful!!!!

Jon and Melissa said...

I had no idea you were so close! Congrats she is a beautiful baby. I LOVE the chubby cheeks even though she is tiny! I can't imagine how hard it would be to have the baby and then have your hubby have to leave and take a crazy hard exam. Hope you heal quickly and he has enough sleep and energy to take the test! Congrats again!

Chelise said...

Congrats Laura! Glad to hear both your and her are doing well. She is gorgeous.

Geoffrey and Sharee said...

She is so cute! Geoffrey and I can't wait to meet her!

The Bucks said...

She is so beautiful! Are you still at your mom's? I would love to come see you if you are. I promise I won't get a flat tire this time!

Taiya Brown said...

She is SO adorable!!! I can't wait to meet her and hold her!! I'm so happy to have another new niece:) I'll see you guys in a few weeks! Love ya!

Amber and Eric said...

YAY! Congrats! She is adorable! Can't wait to see her in person.

Tim and Stacey Cardon said...

Oh my Laura! That's kinda what happened to me too, except my Dr. didn't pop the vacuum off my baby's head! Holy cow! I'm glad you're ok, and Hanna's doing well! I want to see her soooo bad! I'll come and visit soon!

Sarah said...

WOW! Congrats you guys. She is beautiful and I love how you spelled her name! Having 3 is kinda tricky some days, but so much fun. ENJOY!

Adam and Aubrey said...

Yay! Congrats! I'm glad everything worked out okay for the timing of her arrival! haha! That's funny! She is absolutely to die for! I love hearing birthing stories, I'm glad you shared! I hope you have a quick recovery, and Brooks does well on the bar! Yay for a new baby and getting the bar out of the way!

Nicholas said...

Congratulations you guys. We miss ya and love ya tons!

Camie said...

Congrats you guys!!! She is sooo cute! Hope you guys are all doing well!